We are very excited to be launching our fantastic range of Motorhome and Caravan Access Aids at Birmingham’s NEC’s Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 2018.
The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show is the biggest show of its kind in the UK with a huge range of motorhomes, campervans, caravans, and even holiday homes and lodges. Plus all the best known names in the industry will be there with their new seasons tents, camping equipment and outdoor accessories. If you haven’t visited the show before the scale of it will truly impress you.
The show runs from Tuesday 20th to Sunday 25th February 2018, with doors open between 10am and 6pm, tickets can be booked in advance at a discounted price of just £8 per adult (£7 seniors) which includes parking and show guide. (Kids go free!)
Disabled Facilities and Access
One great reason why we love exhibiting at Birmingham NEC is that they share our belief and the motivation behind our products, which is that leisure activities should be accessible and able to be enjoyed by all. Don’t let mobility difficulties prevent you from enjoying your motorhome or caravan.
The NEC has great facilities in general but their disability access in particular is excellent. All areas of The NEC are wheelchair accessible and all main entrances have automatic doors. The NEC can also supply wheelchairs which are free of charge for Blue Badge holders and just £5 for other visitors. Supply however is limited so if you are able to bring your own they encourage you to do so.
Scooters are also available supplied by Bartram’s, The NEC mobility service partner. To pre-book equipment you are able to call Bartram’s on 01353 778756.
In addition to the physical accessibility of The NEC at the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 2018 one person is admitted free-of-charge per wheelchair user or person whose disability necessitates a carer. To claim your free carer’s ticket you will need to visit the ticket box office on arrival at the NEC and they will assist you with this. Carer’s tickets are not able to be pre-booked.
There are also many accessible wheelchair friendly toilets around The NEC (halls 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5) plus a Changing Places toilet in the Hall 20 Atrium area. (Changing places toilets provide space for up to 2 carers – and extra features to meet additional needs, including height adjustable adult-sized changing benches and a hoist system.)
Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Show
Now you can book your ticket with the confidence of knowing accessibility will not be an issue for you, these are (in our opinion!) the top 10 reasons to visit the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 2018.
- ON-SITE CAMPING! Especially for the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show the Caravan and Motorhome Club will be hosting a temporary campsite. With free campsite entertainment Monday through to Saturday night including Soul & Motown Night, Elvis Tribute, Cabaret Party Night, 60’s Night and the Cavern Party Night to close the show!
- KIDS GO FREE! – Children aged 15 and younger receive free admission when accompanied by a full paying adult or senior, fill in a ‘Kids Go Free’ form at the box office on arrival. And with a play area, climbing wall with experienced climbing instructors, campsite cookery and bush craft demonstrations there is so much to keep them entertained.
- IT’S EASY TO GET TO! The NEC is easy to access by road, train, and air. It is located 8 miles East of Birmingham city centre, the heart of the UK. Very close to the motorway it is clearly sign posted from a distance so it’s very easy to find.
- DISCOVERY THEATRE! The Discovery Theatre for an array of live shows and talks covering many aspects of caravanning, camping and motorhoming designed to keep you up-to-date and entertained!
- CELEBRITIES! The line-up for famous faces at the 2018 show is yet to be confirmed but judging by previous years we think we are in for some treats with many TV personalities and adventurers having appeared at the show before.
- INSPIRATION! As the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show is the largest show of its kind in the UK it’s a great starting point for planning anything from the ultimate adventure down to next year’s family holiday, with experts to advise and help you plan.
- COMPARISON! With all the market leaders plus plenty of fresh blood to the motorhome scene it’s so easy to compare what is available and decide exactly what is right for you.
- EXCLUSIVE SHOW OFFERS! Receive special show discounts and special prices on thousands of products across the show that are exclusive the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show – Including special prices on the Leisure Access range – Visit stand 5153 and we will spoil you with special show offers.
- SHOP AND DROP! Another great facility at the NEC is its secure and safe ‘Shop and Drop’ zone, were you can leave all your purchases and shopping bags and collect them at the end of the day. We will also be offering you the option of shipping your goods directly to your door for purchases made at the show at no extra cost.
- PRODUCT LAUNCH! And finally reason number 1 why you should visit the Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 20 – 25th February 2018 at Birmingham’s NEC… The official launch of Leisure Access’s new for 2018 range, Leisure Handle, Leisure Lift, Leisure Stool and Leisure Step. Designed for use with your motorhome or caravan for extra support and ease of movement when entering and exiting your motorhome or static caravan.
Book your tickets today to take advantage of the shows discounted advance purchase price and come on down to Stand 5153 to be a part of the LeisureAccess official product launch. We can’t wait to see you there!